Flex & Rigid-Flex Solutions
Description of the Rigid-Flex board
- 12 Layer Rigid-flex
- .090 overall thickness
- 4 mil trace and space
- single ended and differential impedance
- 9 to 1 plating aspect ratio
- Nickel Gold surface finish
- 11.75 x 17.00 final board dimensions
Why You Should Use Flexible Circuitry
Weight and space reduction
- Considerable weight reduction is a benefit over wire harnesses.
- Thickness can be as thin as .004 inches (.10mm) in total.
Assembly cost reduction.
- Flex circuits can be tested prior to assembly of components.
- Elimination of connectors and solder joints reduce costs.
Replacement for a circuit board and wires.
- Flex circuits simplify system design.
- Flex circuits reduce the number of levels of interconnection required, which reduces the chance of signal reduction due to the additional solder joints in an electronic package.
- Flexible circuits eliminate human error common in wire assemblies as routing is determined by artwork and repeatability is guaranteed.
A better solution to packaging challenges.
- Flexible circuits allow unique designs which solve interconnection problems.
- The formability of a flexible circuit enables a package size reduction.
- A flexible circuit makes installation and repair practical and cost effective.
- Flexible circuits improve the internal appearance of an electronic package, which can have an influence on the decision making process of prospective users of the product.
Thermal management and high temperature applications.
- Flex circuits dissipate heat at a better rate than any other dielectric materials while providing the added benefits of vastly improved flexibility.
- Flexible circuits improve air flow inside the box build thus reducing over temp operating conditions and improving package reliability.